They've made a reboot of He-Man, without him.

notageek
Site Admin

They've made a reboot of He-Man, without him.

Post by notageek »

https://screenrant.com/masters-universe ... why-teela/
Fans of He-Man have review-bombed Masters of the Universe: Revelation less than a day after its release. A continuation of the original series from the 1980s, Masters of the Universe: Revelation comes from the mind of cult filmmaker Kevin Smith that brings in an all-star cast to voice the iconic characters. Smith and his writer's room were given the task of making a series that would please fans of the original series, who now have grown up, and be accessible to new fans and new kids who have never heard of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

When the series was first announced, the general reaction was excitement given Smith's credentials and history being attached and associated with geek-friendly properties. However, after an interview where Smith explained the title and that it would be Teela's story, a certain subset of fans began to turn on the series as they saw it as sidestepping He-Man before the series even aired. Critical reaction to the series itself was extremely positive, with Smith noting it has been the best reviews he has gotten of his career since Clerks.
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
Morality124
Global Moderator

Re: They've made a reboot of He-Man, without him.

Post by Morality124 »

This is getting old Hollywood.
"Put your message in a modem and throw it in the cyber sea."
john-boy
Global Moderator

Post by john-boy »

From various YouTube commentaries it looks to be fairly standard woke nonsense. No thank you.

You'd think it'd be easy to try and produce something without identity politics, that's just entertaining. I mean there must be writers about that are capable of that ?

linky
Like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood"
Naib
Site Admin

Post by Naib »

I watched all 5 episodes this friday with the kids... they both asked where heman was... interesting plotline but to sit on the shoulders of heman while killing him twice is just marketing ...
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king
mrbassie
Director of Sandbags

Post by mrbassie »

Of course it bombed, it wasn't renamed they-them. We've moved on from topographic hulticulturism to tapestrial dieticienment.
Henry Crunn
Site Admin

Post by Henry Crunn »

john-boy wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:33 pm From various YouTube commentaries it looks to be fairly standard woke nonsense. No thank you.

You'd think it'd be easy to try and produce something without identity politics, that's just entertaining. I mean there must be writers about that are capable of that ?

linky
Probably not since Steptoe & Son :)
--
You can't get the wood.
You can't get the 'shiver me timbers' wood' you know.
notageek
Site Admin

Post by notageek »

They didn't even give him a hero's death. Also Prince Adam is emaciated, weak nobody.

Destroyed the Castle Grayskull, turned the sorceress of the castle old, killed off mossman etc.

Cultural vandalism is what this is.
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
Ralphred
Chief of Unicorn Division

Post by Ralphred »

notageek wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:53 amCultural vandalism is what this is.
Cut's particularly deep as KS was complicit. I think it'll be easier to just pretend he died from that heart attack...
Were Dante alive today, he would agree that the tenth circle of hell is reserved for people who have non-ANSII characters in online usernames.
saellaven
Bride Kidnapping Expert

Post by saellaven »

Ralphred wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:53 pm
Cut's particularly deep as KS was complicit. I think it'll be easier to just pretend he died from that heart attack...
Kevin Smith went down the woke path years ago... According to him, if you don't like the Disney Star Wars trilogy, it's because you hate women. As a lesbian that liked the Rey of The Force Awakens and finds Daisy Ridley attractive, I'm um, rather conflicted that a man is telling me that I hate women. It couldn't possibly because the overarching trilogy was crap and totally destroyed the universe that spawned it.
otw-refugee
Director of Sandbags

Post by otw-refugee »

saellaven wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:13 amIt couldn't possibly because the overarching trilogy was crap and totally destroyed the universe that spawned it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.

Local portage repo, opentmpfiles copy
List of wayland apps/compositors
Naib
Site Admin

Post by Naib »

didn't you get the memo? being a lesbian isn't about your sexual orientation, its about what political views you hold. I am thankful an white man was able to bring this to your attention
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king
saellaven
Bride Kidnapping Expert

Post by saellaven »

Naib wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:07 am didn't you get the memo? being a lesbian isn't about your sexual orientation, its about what political views you hold. I am thankful an white man was able to bring this to your attention
oh, trust me, I know... within the lesbian community, I have to completely hide my politics since they (the self declared political enforcers of the group) don't tolerate any deviation from full woke progressive authoritarian leftard. I'm going to go check my privilege now.
Naib
Site Admin

Post by Naib »

when satire and reality are too close

Morality124
Global Moderator

Post by Morality124 »

Naib wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:26 am when satire and reality are too close
The theme of 2020-present.
"Put your message in a modem and throw it in the cyber sea."
mrbassie
Director of Sandbags

Post by mrbassie »

saellaven wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:13 am
Ralphred wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:53 pm
Kevin Smith went down the woke path years ago... According to him, if you don't like the Disney Star Wars trilogy, it's because you hate women. As a lesbian that liked the Rey of The Force Awakens and finds Daisy Ridley attractive, I'm um, rather conflicted that a man is telling me that I hate women. It couldn't possibly because the overarching trilogy was crap and totally destroyed the universe that spawned it.
Ok, several thoughts occur:

Whoever Kevin Smith is, clearly not a man. Sex pest masquerading as a feminist (like all the other ones) trapped in a cunt's body. That's probably a tautology.

Lesbians use arch.

Kevin Smith despite his aforementioned shortcomings is clearly correct here, nobody hates women more than other women do.

The prequels and sequels were all shite but don't ruin the original 3. Just like ds9 and voyager don't ruin TOS and TNG.

EDIT: Dagnammit, I just read what you posted while I was in the middle of this.
saellaven
Bride Kidnapping Expert

Post by saellaven »

mrbassie wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:28 pm The prequels and sequels were all shite but don't ruin the original 3. Just like ds9 and voyager don't ruin TOS and TNG.
if light speed ramming destroys capital ships, why not light speed ram the death star with everything you can? There goes the entire third act of A New Hope.

The Disney trilogy made it so that the entire story wasn't the Skywalker saga, but the Palpatine saga. Everything the Skywalkers went through was meaningless and Palpatine (Rey's grandfather) genes are the only ones left standing.

So, unless you're going to de-canonize the Disney trilogy, the original trilogy is meaningless and the prequel trilogy is more important since it shows how Palpatine came to power.
Spent
Bride Kidnapping Expert

Post by Spent »

I would have never thought that He-Man would be "cancelled" by woke.

It was always thought that He-Man was gay.
saellaven
Bride Kidnapping Expert

Post by saellaven »

Spent wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:01 am I would have never thought that He-Man would be "cancelled" by woke.

There are things worse than being a cis het christian white male... like being a non-woke, non-progressive member of the LGBT community. White men may be evil, but if you're presumed to be on the plantation by virtue of your status as a minority and you won't play the game, you need to be destroyed.
john-boy
Global Moderator

Post by john-boy »

Spent wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:01 am It was always thought that He-Man was gay.
The original cartoon belongs to a different age now, but certainly half naked men - some wearing furry underwear, well as said, more innocent times.
Like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood"
Naib
Site Admin

Post by Naib »

saellaven wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:21 am
Spent wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:01 am I would have never thought that He-Man would be "cancelled" by woke.

There are things worse than being a cis het christian white male... like being a non-woke, non-progressive member of the LGBT community. White men may be evil, but if you're presumed to be on the plantation by virtue of your status as a minority and you won't play the game, you need to be destroyed.
just wait until they endorse systemd